What’s the diff between liquid and sticker glue?
Glue stickers and liquid glue can both used to apply By.Ourielle press-on nails, but they have different properties and benefits:
- Convenient and easy to use (no mess!)
- No downtime/drying time
- Can provide a strong hold, but may not last as long as liquid glue– longevity depends on length, physical activity, skin type (oily or dry), etc.
- Removes cleanly and easily with 0 damage to natural or artificial nail
- Great for experimenting (no commitment)
- Dries clear and is less noticeable than glue stickers
- Thin and allows nails to look most flush and natural (like a real extension)
- Can provide a strong and long-lasting hold, especially for those with oily skin or for people who engage in heavy physical activity
- More eco-friendly and economical (bottles last longer and don’t produce waste)
- Requires aftercare: don’t touch water before or after application, and wait until glue is fully cured before engaging in activity.
Ultimately, the choice between glue stickers and liquid glue depends on personal preference and the type of press-on nails you are using. Consider the length of time you want the nails to stay on, the strength of the hold you need, and the level of convenience you are looking for when making your decision.
How long do press ons last and how can I make them last longer?
The length of time press-on nails last can vary depending on several factors, including the quality of the nails, the type of adhesive used, and your activities. In general, customers report that By.Ourielle press-on nails can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks or more!
To make your By.Ourielle press-on nails last longer, you can follow these tips:
- Start with GOOD press-on nails first! Nails that can be folded, bent, chipped, etc. will not last because they are not durable enough to withstand daily wear and tear.
- Prepare your natural nails properly: Clean dead skin off the nail plate & dry your natural nails with an alcohol pad or acetone before applying the press-on nails. This will help ensure a strong bond between the nails and your natural nails. For more information, follow the instructions included in your nail kit.
- Apply the adhesive properly: Make sure to apply the adhesive evenly and let it dry completely before applying the press-on nails. Roll the nails over the adhesive in one smooth motion to keep out air bubbles. Apply pressure and hold until you feel they are secure.
- Avoid moisture: Keep your hands away from water as much as possible, especially in the first few hours after applying the press-on nails. Water can weaken the bond between the nails and your natural nails.
- Be gentle: Avoid doing activities that could put stress on the nails without gloves, such as washing dishes, using stripping chemicals, and/or doing heavy manual labor. Be especially careful if the nails you bought are much longer than your natural nails!
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your press-on nails last as long as possible.
How can I take care of my nails?
Protecting your valuable nails is important if you want them to wear beautifully and to be reused at a later time! Here are some tips on how you can take care of your nails:
Avoid exposing your nails to water and harsh chemicals: Water and harsh chemicals, such as cleaning products and detergents, can weaken the bond between the press-on nails and your natural nails. Try to limit your exposure to these substances as much as possible, or just wear gloves when doing labor.
- Do not make modifications or adjustments to the nails, like trimming or filing. It will compromise the nail structure and gel seal.
Store the press-on nails properly: When you're not wearing the press-on nails, store them in a safe place, away from moisture and heat. You can put them back in the bag they came in, or I also sell display boxes.
Remove the press-on nails properly: When it's time to remove the press-on nails, do so gently and carefully. Avoid soaking them in acetone, because the gel will begin to dissolve and they will not be rewardable again.
By following these tips, you can help keep your press-on nails looking their best and lasting as long as possible.
Do I have to get a sizing kit to measure my nails before buying?
YES all customers must be sized for 10pc sets. This is to ensure quality and proper fit! If you purchase a set of nails without a purchase history of a sizing kit FROM by.ourielle, I will send one complimentary to you (US domestic shipping only). This will ensure the nails fit perfectly and you will get a better manicure in the long run.
How do I put them on/ take them off?
Each set of by.ourielle nail kits comes with written instructions on how to apply press on nails like a pro. Instructions include prep, application, and aftercare instructions. If you are still stuck, please reach out via email or DM and I can send more information and/or videos to walk you through the process.
Taking them off is not as easy as simply soaking them in some water! If you've used glue tabs, they will come off easily with some hot soapy water mixed with dish soap and oil. By gently using the stick included in your kit, you can slowly peel away the glue with 0 damage to your nails or your nail beds.
With the liquid glue, please be very careful. You should wait for them to naturally fall off as the glue dissolves over time, or you can try to soak them in the same mixture, but they will not pop off so easily. Do NOT under any circumstances rip or pry them off, unless you are happy to see your natural nails ripped up and damaged. If you are desperate to remove them, you can soak your hands in 100% acetone, though it will mean your nail kit will be ruined, as acetone will dissolve the glue AND the nails. The best thing to do is to wait for your permanently glued nails to fall or loosen on their own.
What is your refund/ return policy?
Here at By.Ourielle, I take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of my handmade products. However, I also understand that on rare occurences, sometimes a product may not meet your expectations.
I do not accept returns or exchanges as our products are handmade and unique. However, I am committed to finding a solution that works for you. If you have any concerns about your purchase, please reach out at email@example.com or contact me on Instagram.
I will work with you and stay in communication to address any issues and find a solution that meets your needs. This may include repairing the product, replacing the product, or offering a credit towards a future purchase.
Please note that the solution I offer will depend on the specific situation and the condition of the product. By.Ourielle reserves the right to refuse a refund or exchange if the product is damaged or has been used.
By.Ourielle is not responsible for any packages lost in the mail/ stolen/ during the delivery process.
Thank you for choosing my shop! I sincerely appreciate your support and business and look forward to finding a solution that works for you.
What's included in my order?
Each order includes your nail kit in customized gift packaging, complete application kit, instructions on how to apply your nails, a thank you card, and some candies for extra love 🍬
Can I make changes to the listings I see online?
Readymade, pre-designed nails cannot be customized. If you want to change a set of nails that is already part of a permanent collection, please check out a custom nail kit and list your specific modification requests.
For example, if you want "lavender skies" nails but in a square medium shape, just leave that information in the comments box for your custom order! At this point, you can also include any other changes, including glitter/color/charms and more!
What can I do if I want a custom set of nails but don't know what I want?
No worries! It can sometimes be overwhelming when you don't know where to start. If you're not sure what you want specifically, we can work together to find something that suits your style and preferences!
Here's what I suggest: You can send some photos of your favorite nail designs, as well as any colors or patterns you like.I will use this information to ask questions, find out what you like, and we can co-create a custom set of nails that's just right for you.
I am also happy to answer any questions you have and guide you through the process. I am here to make sure you're completely satisfied with your custom set of nails.
Please feel free to reach out to us on Instagram (@by.ourielle) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) I look forward to working with you!